Please briefly introduce yourselves and tell us a tiny bit about your writing. Perhaps also your reason for wanting to have nag sisters to motivate you ... any special writing issues we can help you with? After you all are in and have made yourselves at home, I'll explain a little how we work... nothing dramatic or heavy-handed but just so we all know the few expectations. 'kay?

Have a cuppa hot chocolate!

9 comments:
Lisa checking in, just to say "hi!" and thanks for the hot chocolate. Busy day at the office so I will stop by tonight and introduce myself at length.
Hot chocolate....drooooool....
I'm home. Finally. YAY!
Okay. I'm Lisa, and as Dana will tell you, I'm a pretty good nag.
Where I'm at: well, I just got an agent. The thrill hasn't come close to wearing out yet. Really great guy at a really great agency. I am in what I hope is the home stretch of rewrites of a novel that I guess you could call quirky literary suspense. Or something. So I'm pretty much fixated on that and nothing else right now. I'm at the point where I'm actually spending more time thinking about the problems than putting words on the screen - I've been through this MS soooo many times.
So I don't really need much additional motivation right now. But I am happy to nag you all unmercifully while I wrap this up.
Hello! Thanks for the invite. The hot chocolate looks wonderful.
Let's see. I'm sort of married, 4 kids, 3 dogs. I work part-time for our local "news"paper. I would like to call myself a journalist, but that would be a bit of a stretch.
I'm working on several projects at the moment, which I can detail upon request, but in the interest of brevity: 3 novels and 2 short stories.
My resolution is to finish one of these projects, ANY of these projects, before beginning any others. I should be nagged over this. I should probably be flogged over this.
Resolution#2- Find a cool icon pic.
Official revised list:
1. Get 1st six chapters of what I call the Pilgrim Gothic novel tightened up to a point where I am happy with them, and can move on.
2. Only work on project #2, entitled Derry, after good faith attempts at #1 have failed, and then for no more than an hour.
3. Do not even glance at, speak of, or think about the other projects. Projects 3 &4 do not, can not, and will not exist for me. At least for one month.
4.Do something besides sulk and heave great sighs of martyrdom when asked to write fluff at work. You know, like actually complete an article I think is relevent, and follow through with the powers that be in some sort of a proactive manner.
Okay, your list made me spew my Tempranillo. Especially #3! Too funny.
I've had the good fortune to read parts of #1 and #2. Both are wonderful. Very different from each other.
How would you like your nagging? Atta girl? Whiny? Or more of a vicious flogging?
Hmm- the vicious flogging might be intriguing, if you had the right outfit...
Probably relentless carping would be the best strategy.
Oooh! About number #4! Amazing true adventure story (no not my own, for once),and...
just kidding. :)
And hey! You're done with your novel. You need to get started on another one!
Nope, I'm still revising. No New Novel till this one's in the can.
And my agent *ahem* (still sounds strange saying that) advised me to not get too deep into something new until we get some feedback on this one. I'll probably work on Trashy Novel 3 for fun in the meantime.
I can do relentless carping. Get to work! Shouldn't you be working? Don't you have chapters to revise?
Lisa, you need to post goals even if you don't need nagging per se. Like how many pages do you want to revise per day? When do you want to have this done? What about yoga? POST!!!
Post a Comment