Monday, March 10, 2008

Post Your Goals Everyone

I'll be a bit late posting my goals this week, as I've been helping with the funeral of a neighbor who died last week. I contributed the obituary which turned out to be my writing assignment for last week. You can read it at www.lovefuneralhomes.com and then click on Shirley Trimmer. It was very interesting interviewing her children over the weekend. And small town funerals are certainly something to write about! Anyone else doing some writing this week? If you're having a tough time with your current project, why not post in your life journals about what's going on. I actually set up a secret blog for a diary as I'm getting more involved with memoir-writing through Story Circle Network. Or what the hey... here's a writing prompt to get you going this week. Write your own obituary.

3 comments:

Other Lisa said...

That is a lovely memorial.

Me, no particular goals this week. I did some work on my blog over the weekend, updating links and such and putting up a post. I still am in recovery from finishing my book and in shock because of the complications I have to deal with at my job because of it. Nothing really heinous (yet) but a complication I didn't expect or need.

I don't think I'm going to settle on anything much until that gets resolved, other than trying to revitalize my blog.

I'm hoping by the weekend, I will have recovered some brain space and will be able to formulate rational goals.

Dana Fredsti said...

That really is nice, Dani! I hope when I go someone writes up something as nice about me!

Dani said...

Have you ever read The Sweet Potato Queens Book of Love? Don't leave your obit to chance.... write something nice for yourself and MAKE 'em read it! LOL. You gotta read the book...it's a hoot.