Sunday, February 10, 2008

Dani February 10-16

Yes, we are allowed to bump posts up by shooting the date forward. Again that's under "Post Options" lower left in your create post window. Teehee. Second bump coming up. Revised, updated, and carryover goals from last week.

1. A new "meaning statement" for my writing ... about half-way there and will post this week for your perusal.
2. Six more 500-word articles for my syndicated column to give to my editor. Have also tentatively found a name for the column. Smart Alex.
3. A 2008 Must-do list - Done after much moodling - might revise.
4. A 2008 Wanna-do list (both related to writing, of course) - Done after even more moodling.
5. Finish the stinkin' Blog Book Tour Guide... so I don't have to type that AGAIN!
6. Since someone asked what I write, I thought I'd examine my list and prioritize my annual goals with some crisp descriptions. Still working on this. Maybe we could have a book synopsis challenge? I'd like to know a bit more about yours, too.

7. Start a new blog for a church commission and a new blog post daily

Daily:
Monday - finish reading books and meaning statement. Blog post.
Tuesday - out of town so probably nada
Wednesday - work on Guide and BP
Thursday - Smart Alex columns and BP
Friday - character studies for Ghost Town and BP
Saturday - open and BP
Sunday - open and catch-up and BP

And check off and/or report results at least every other day. And if I lose, I knit you something or send chocolate. And if I win, you send me beach glass and/or chocolate. Is Elizabeth our winner last week? E. don't you dare dumb down for anyone! You are entirely too inspiring for me. What's your fave color? And fave food treat?

Oh, yeah and yoga daily. Walking only if the temp is over 40 degrees and I don't get lost in a mud bog. Will report back on that also. Total bomb last week.... but try, try again. Many I sure feel lousy when I don't move enough.

8 comments:

Dana Fredsti said...

You're on, girly girl! Er...womany woman? heh....

Elizabeth Loupas said...

I'm interested in the "Meaning Statement," and looking forward to seeing it. You've got two more days until February 4th!

Dani said...

Omigawd, they are actually nagging. I feel so pressured! And it's the 4th already, and I've barely lifted a pencil. No wait.... I still have the whole week don't I?

Other Lisa said...

So tell me more about your syndicated column. I am starting from a position of ignorance here - I only know about the blog book tour.

Do you write novels too?

I will probably be the least schedule oriented with my goals, but that's okay, I don't need fudge. Much as I love it. Maybe I could get one piece of consolation chocolate or something.

Elizabeth Loupas said...

LOL already cheating by changing your date!

Just kidding... I wondered at the time how the week of Feb. 3rd could end on the 4th. Am still looking forward to your "Meaning Statement" and more details about your various writing projects.

Dana Fredsti said...

Blog book tour guide...blog book tour buide...llog book tour guide... yup, that's a pain to type! Didn't bother correcting my typos just to prove it.

Other Lisa said...

I do think Elizabeth deserves chocolate, personally.

As for synopses, yikes, one of my least favorite things to do (especially because I don't outline). I'd be happy to post my query that got the agent's attention, though I'd probably feel more comfortable doing that in the comments as opposed to a more public post.

Elizabeth Loupas said...

Not sure what you mean by "dumb down." ???

My favorite color is anything in the blue-green family... turquoise, aqua, teal, cyan. My favorite food treat... who can choose? After looking at that darling "nag" cake, I think it's melt-in-your-mouth vanilla-y white cake with dark dark dark bittersweet fudge frosting.