Monday, February 18, 2008

Dana's Goals for Feb. 10th-17th

She sold thirteen books! Congratulations - sell, Mel, sell!
Okily dokily, I'm gonna list them in the daily format so I can actually keep track of what goals I keep and what goals I DON'T keep.. I've shrunk the font a bit 'cause it was just taking up WAY too much room...

Sunday, Feb. 10th -
1. Finish post for blog (Done!) and work on intro post for Zhana's blogbooktour stop (and done!)
2. put in time on LILITH (two hours, approximately 600-700 words. Not sure 'cause I'm working on a section I've been working on. I expect to have killed my prologue character tomorrow night)
3. Hour walk on the beach (Oh wait, already did that!)
4. Half hour of some other exercise/stretches (45 minutes of fencing with Dave)

Monday, 2/11
1. Either walk to West Portal Station in the a.m. or walk on the beach after work (walked to West Portal Station - 40 minutes uphill) And UPDATE: I also walked home from West Portal because the L train was nowhere in sight. 40 minutes DOWNhill...
2. Finish intro post for Zhana's blogbooktour stop, email her copy for approval (Did this, emailed it. Bwahahahahahah!!!! I'm a day ahead of schedule!)
3. Hour on LILITH (make that an hour and 20 minutes. 540 words, character not quite dead yet, but close!)

Tuesday, 2/12
1. Yoga class at lunch (Done. It was a toughie, though)
2. Darwin Day activities after work, so home late. Any writing at home a bonus. (no bonus for Dana last night. We got home at 8:50, had to take care of the kids, the mess and eat something...crashed and burned.)

Wednesday, 2/13
1. Either walk to West Portal Station in the a.m. or walk on the beach after work. (walked 40 minutes on the beach with Boska)
2. TRX (20 minutes worth of 20 reps per exercise. Ow.)
3. Hour on LILITH, post Zhana's interview for Thursday (Zhana's interview posted, stay tuned for the rest!)

Thursday, 2/14
1. Yoga at lunch (unless big meeting interferes with it) (Waaaah!!! No yoga because of the meeting. So I walked up and down California, a very long and steep hill near the office).
2. Valentine's Day - going out to dinner, home late with probable wine consumption.
3. Take Alpha on the Muni and at least make notes on LILITH or work on blog post (didn't remember the Alpha 'cause I was distracted by a big pile of cat barf on some clothes. I'm gonna try and write a small post later today. And the post didn't happen because I realized I didn't want to detract from Zhana's interview on the same day it was posted!)

Friday, 2/15
1. Either walk to West Portal Station in the a.m. or walk on the beach after work (managed to get out the door early enough to walk. Whoo hoo! Also went to yoga and then ended up walking 20 minutes to dave's work as I forgot my keys)
2. TRX (Ain't happening. Yoga instead!)
3. Hour on Lilith (depending on what time Lisa hits town) Not to play the 'my boyfriend lost his job and we're suddenly in deep shit' card, but that's what happened this afternoon around 5:00. So... no writing. I did, however, pack for tomorrow and put together my presentation materials for my SinSacto presentation tomorrow.

Saturday, 2/16
Sisters In Crime Sacramento - guest speaker. Sell lots of books!
Rest of the day is hang out with sister and cousins and boyfriend in Sacramento and spend
night there. All accomplished. Sold 13 books total)

SUnday, 2/17
Wine tasting, drive home. Work on Lilith depending on what time we get home. Wine was tasted, home was reached, no writing was done.

8 comments:

Other Lisa said...

Hey, and killing someone in your prologue is something to look forward to!

Elizabeth Loupas said...

Go Dana!

Dana Fredsti said...

I've been developing her character FAR more than I meant to, so hopefully people will care when she dies. Hideously. Heheheheh...

I go, Elizabeth!

Dani said...

I have got to get coffee mugs for my cat-loving friends that read, "Urps Aeterna". I can SO relate. You are doing incredibly well this week... I am truly impressed. It's still questionable who will win this month! Well, except me. I'll be sending rewards for sure.

Elizabeth Loupas said...

Oh, no! I'm so sorry. Hugs to you both. Does he have some good prospects on the horizon?

Dani said...

Thirteen books! Hooray!! Now you'll have thirteen more people breathing down your next for a sequel. LOL. Not to apply the pressure or anything, but have you ever read Mary Higgins Clark autobiography?

Elizabeth Loupas said...

Who's Mel?

Dana Fredsti said...

No prospects yet, Elizabeth, other than a two day temp gig. But he's on the case. Now if we can just squeak by with the bills/catfood/rent until he gets something...

who IS Mel? It rhymes with 'sell' is my guess. And I haven't read Mary Higgens Clark's book yet. She's a character that one, though...