Friday, February 8, 2008

Elizabeth's Goals Week of Feb. 3-9


Since I zipped through those first eleven chapters so quickly, I thought I'd rewrite my goals and repost them in a more standard Sunday-to-Saturday format.


Sunday, February 3: chapter 12 (new scene) (Wrote most of the new scene and revised the rest of the chapter. It still needs some polishing and a few tweaks.)

Monday, February 4: chapter 12 (Finished chapter twelve. Worked through chapters 13-14 and 15-16, so I'm a couple of days ahead of myself. Probably a good thing, because I have a lot of new stuff in chapters 17-18-19 and they're pivotal to a huge shift in the story. Also took a good walk with Jim and the doggies.)

Tuesday, February 5: chapters 13-14 (Made a first pass through chapters 17-18-19 and drafted the new material. It's pretty rough, but it's a start. No walk.)

Wednesday, February 6: chapters 15-16 (Chapters 17 and 18 completed. Added yet more new material to chapter 19, which will mean cutting something else. No walk. Absolutely have to walk on Thursday.)

Thursday, February 7: chapter 17 (new scene) (Not such a good day. Did fiddle around with the new scene in chapter 19 but didn't accomplish much. Coping with non-writing-related stressors. At least I'm ahead of my schedule so I get another chance on Friday.)

Friday, February 8: chapter 18-19 (new scene)

Saturday, February 9: chapter 19

Plus: a good brisk half-hour walk every day.

Happy nagging, everyone!

4 comments:

Other Lisa said...

WOW!

No chocolate for me...

Dana Fredsti said...

Yeah...I'm thinking Elizabeth might have already won this hands down...

Elizabeth Loupas said...

Well, remember that these are revisions, not complete chapters to write, with only a few new scenes as noted.

Dani said...

We don't judge end results, we judge consistent and measureable practice! You are a fine model and must be rewarded. Not to sound ominous or anything.... LOL.