Thursday, February 7, 2008

My eyes! My eyes!


I had to make my type bigger. I confess, that teeny-tiny type was giving me a headache.

Okay, so what did everybody else do yesterday? C'mon, speak up, don't be shy.

Dana here, weighing in with my orange color today. Yesterday I:
did an hour yoga class at lunch; wrote a post for my blog; worked on Lilith. Didn't get a lot done on Lilith as I was obsessing over how to describe one particular thing; and spent time reading the Describer's Dictionary (didn't help) and grebbling about how I couldn't describe for s&$t when I'm writing in third person. Spent most of my after-work hours cleaning up as described in my post!

Dani here - I spend way too much time moodling and giving out free advice instead of working my goals. No walking either since it's all snow and mud around here. But no yoga either. No good excuse there. I haven't even done my stinkin' laundry! And no chocolate. I'm miserable. That's about the size of it. Blech. Oh, and the stupid thyroid pills are making me break out in a major way. I paid how much for this diagnosis and treatment?? And I'm still tired. Hey! No Whining wasn't on MY list! Heheh.


Awww, Dani, I'm sorry you're feeling down. Is there anything we can do to help? I sure do wish you'd write that "meaning statement" thingie, and if you did, maybe it would give you some direction. Is it supposed to be long or just a logline sort of thing? Inquiring minds want to know! ~ Elizabeth

2 comments:

Dani said...

Why don't you just write the description in first person? Then second person, then third person. It should be easier after second, which is awkward but a very useful exercise. Write it fast twice, then good a third time. Could it work?

Dana Fredsti said...

Hmmm... interesting idea! I might just give that a try!